Software / Freeware
from Rethinkit's Dev Team
For the technically inclined, we will occasionally post some tools / scripts that we've written to help solve common problems.
Dell Command Update.ps1
Automate Dell Firmware updater for Desktops / Laptops
Setup - Installs the application (removes any old ones, does nothing if already installed)
- Configures app to auto-update
Refresh - Downloads any pending firmware updates
- Configures app to auto-update (in case it was changed post-setup)
AllDrivers - For a fresh Windows install, will grab all the drivers indiscrimanantly
Have a bunch of PST files that you need to scan and fix.
This repeatedly runs Microsoft's ScanPST.exe against your PST files until they come back clean.
RDP Port Change.cmd
Use this simple script to change your RDP port (from the default 3389) to a port of your…
Script: Change your RDP port and Firewall settings – Rethinkit
Have your .PST (Outlook archives) files taken over? MailScavator lets you select all your PST files and re-organize them by date and size. So you will end up with files named "Jsmith 2007.pst" etc.Go Industrial on your PST Files! More
Use SmartPST to attach/detach PST files the way Outlook SHOULD do it in the first place.
- Works with or without Outlook running
- Automatically attaches/detaches files according to availability (no error msg and remembers to try again next time)
- Drag and Drop a bunch of PST files to attach them
- Easily change the display names of your PST files
Essentially, it's a disk groomer. It looks for files you specify and either deletes them or moves them to another folder (preserving the original directory structure).